SML Search

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Google Trends: Gay vs Straight

Google Trends: gay, straight / 2008-01-21 / SML Screenshots (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

Someone at work (who shall not be named so as not to be tainted with these subject matter) told me about Google Trends today as a far more addictive toy to play with than Google Sets. I tried it out and he's darn right.

Here as per my own curiosity, I noted how while there are approximately twice as much "straight" news stories than "gay" news stories, there are more than 10 times as many "gay" searches than "straight" searches.

If Kinsey is right about that 10% of the (American) population is gay, then we see that the other 90% is at least very curious.

Copyright Notice
Copyright 2008 See-ming Lee / SML Gay Blog / SML Universe. All rights reserved.

No comments: